Rapidocs LawDraft

Notice under section 21 of the Housing Act 1988

This is the formal notice that you must serve on (i.e. give to) your tenant to tell them that you're seeking possession of your property under section 21 of the Housing Act 1988.

Due to COVID-19, temporary measures in Wales have increased the minimum notice period that you need to give to tenants before you can start a claim for possession. Similar temporary measures for properties in England have now ended.

Please note that this document can only be used in relation to properties in England or Wales, where an assured shorthold tenancy agreement is in place.

Compatible region(s)::
  • Version: 12086.3.50
  • Last updated: 30 Sep 2021