Rapidocs LawDraft

Form N5B - Claim for possession of property (accelerated procedure)

Use this to apply for a court order to get possession of a property let under an assured shorthold tenancy agreement made on or after 28 February 1997 (a shorthold tenancy).

It will create cover sheets for you to attach supporting documents to and, after working out if your circumstances require it, a witness statement to confirm that you have given certain documents to the tenants.

Only use this if a fixed term of the tenancy agreement has come to an end and your current tenancy is in writing, or where it follows an earlier tenancy agreement or series of tenancy agreements and one of those earlier agreements was in writing.

You can't use it if you want to recover possession on any other grounds (e.g. rent arrears); if you want recover money from tenants (although you can request costs); if there are mutliple claimants and one or more is a partnership, LLP or limited company; or if a claimant is a child or mental health patient.

Note that a court fee will be payable when sending your claim to the court.

Compatible region(s)::
  • Version: 12747.2.8
  • Last updated: 6 Jun 2016